My Etsy Shop - Instagram

Computer Case

This afternoon I came home, and I just had to create. You know that feeling? Yesterday, I got a new computer in the mail, and I had browsed some carrying cases on Etsy. The whole time I was thinking, "I could make that." So I did.

Here we go!

First thing I did was pull out some fabric that I got from my grandma. I had this faux fur stuff, that I thought would be a great liner.
I measured the fabric with my computer. 

 Then I measured the liner on the fabric that I chose for the outside of the case.
Our old shower curtain! 

Yeah, we didn't have a place for it in our new house, so I've been saving it for a good sewing project. I still have a lot leftover. I'm thinking of re-covering seat cushions with it or something. It's so cute and trendy.

Between the two fabrics are a few layers of felt that act as padding. I pinned it all together to sew down the sides. 

Then skip a few steps - I sewed up the ends with the machine and the edges by hand, because the cushion was too thick to get under the foot of the machine. Sorry, I forgot pictures!

I hand sewed a button clasp and ribbon handle, which were great in theory. 
But the clasp pulled funny and the handle made the whole bag fall open, since it was only sewn on one side. 

The size was perfect though!
Perfect fit!

So, I removed the handle and added two more buttons to better secure the flap. 
I didn't have anymore of that elastic string I had used for the first button clasp, so I used cute gold ribbon. I had three matching buttons, but I like the mismatch look better. I might add a strap at some point, but I have to think it through more. I mean, this isn't supposed to be a purse or anything. 

There you have it! A fun little project that took a couple hours this afternoon. I was able to de-stress by focusing my energy into creativity. 

P.S. Don't you love how I got some weird tag from a computer cord in that last picture? Pure talent, people. 

Comments

Unknown said…
This is so cute! Makes me wish I could create in this way!
Mrs. T. said…
VERY cute. Love the colors.

Popular Posts