My Etsy Shop - Instagram

Beat That - Weekend Two

I left my house at 6:30am on Saturday morning to drive out to Leesburg for my second day of shooting on the set of Beat That. What a beautiful morning it was! Morning fog resting on the surface of country fields is breathtaking! Add an oak tree or two dripping with Spanish moss and I'm in tears. God is an extraordinary artist.

The point is we started early!
Here is most of the cast and our fabulous director.

Volturi eyes
Saturday's shoot can be described as super fun and happy-go-lucky. 

We were cracking jokes and laughing and having a great time.  

We finished shooting at 9:30pm. I wasn't ready to go home, so I joined some of the cast at a house party and stayed out until 1:30am. Let me do the math for you:

1:30am leaving Sorrento = 2:10am arriving at home.
2:30am go to sleep + 6:30am wake up = 4 hours of sleep.

I'm used to 7-9 hours of sleep, but I'm glad I went. I had no problem staying awake and alert for Sunday's shoot, because of all the human interaction. But I was REALLY tired on Monday.

Our Sunday shoot was more sober. The scenes were much more emotionally intense, and the tone was more serious. It was an equally great experience from a different angle.

I spent much of the shoot with a tight chest from watching Adam's reinactment of extreme bone pain again and again. Adam has amazing talent. Everytime I watched him do it, I cried - except when the camera was on me. Then I was too self-aware to let myself cry naturally. I need to remedy that. It was an emotional day.


This has been one of my favorite projects. The script is amazing, the director's amazing, the cast and crew are amazing. I feel like we've really connected as a team, and I can't wait to see the final product!!

Comments

Popular Posts