My Etsy Shop - Instagram

Make Up Delinquent

I'm new to makeup. In high school I did eye liner, and I've done cover-up since I can remember. But in college I kind of checked-out of makeup. I only used it for special occasions and even then, only sparingly.

Guess what I've learned recently? Makeup enhances beauty. At least for me it does!

I'm in an auditions class, and my acting teacher has become a sort of personal manager for her students. A few weeks in, I asked her about how I look on camera, and she immediately had me try on her lipsticks. I felt like I was thirteen again at a slumber party doing makeovers.

The next week, after I purchased the exact same lipstick that she had me try on, I saw myself on camera. The first thing that went through my head was, "Oh, that's what my lips look like!"

Here's what I use, which I am now in love with:
Covergirl Outlast. It comes with one lipstick (or lip paint) and one gloss to shine up the matte color. 

After the lip paint dries, it stays on for hours. I have to use makeup remover to get it off. 
These are my colors. The middle one is my go-to for auditions. 

I just bought the lightest one today, and I love it too. I wanted an everyday color. 

I'm slowly learning the ways of makeup, one method at a time, whether it's lipstick colors or highlighting the tear duct part of my eyes. It's an art, people! Though I do consider myself an artist, I'm still not used to this medium or canvas.

P.S. I googled the spelling of "makeup" and the following are commonly used: make-up, make up, makeup. You decide which is right.

Comments

Judi-CAJ said…
Well now, you just enjoy that new support. (Remember, that is the surface you put the paint on) I saw that the lipstick is Made in Ireland. Give me more info! I will price it here and if it is cheaper in Ireland....I will pick some up when I go (January)
KDogRuns said…
I used the Covergirl Outlast for our wedding & fell in love with it too! That stuff looks good for hours...pretty sweet. I used that stuff when I had court hearings. The lighting in that court room totally washed out my face if I didn't. That sounds silly, but appearances really mattered in court haha.
KDogRuns said…
P.S. It's really cool seeing you're newfound passion for acting, well sort of new found. You seem so happy & really loving it. That makes me happy too :)
Unknown said…
Have you ever been to Ulta? There's one in the Altamonte Mall that is great! They will help teach you which makeups are good for you and how to use them...no cost to you. Of course their desire is for you to end up buying the product...but their makeup is expensive...expensive but spectacular. They are how I started teaching myself. I now have a kit of brushes that I hope to upgrade soon after selling some more artwork. Oh, and if you have them do your makeup for a special occasion...it's roughly $15...they can explain what they are doing the whole time. You can also test out all the makeups there. They are always happy to lend a hand or brush. Let me know if you try it! Hey, if you want to come over my way sometime (St. Pete), we can find an Ulta and go together. I need to replenish some supplies. And I would love to see you!! <3

Popular Posts