My Etsy Shop - Instagram

Vacation with Family

Zane has several weeks off of school between semesters right now, so we were able to relax and enjoy quality time with friends and family on an extended trip to Orlando.

photo by Mike Armand

First came wedding weekend! My college friend of 10 years got married, and I was her maid of honor. It was so fun to help plan with her during the months before and celebrate with her and her husband during their wedding festivities. Her wedding was one of the most enjoyable and beautiful weddings I have ever attended.

Minutes before walking down the aisle!

The next weekend was baby shower weekend! We celebrated my sister and her upcoming addition. I posted a little about getting ready for her shower by making a nursing cover for her. I also made some verse cards for baby Adelaide that we used during the shower to pray over her and her parents. I plan to make some for my next baby, so maybe I'll write a little post about it, because it's a really great tradition and helps get your heart and mind thinking about the new baby as a real person.



The last weekend we were in Orlando we had a family birthday party for my grandma who turned 84! All the family who lives in the Southeast were present. It was fun to hang out with family who we hadn't seen in a while, and it was especially fun to watch the toddlers playing together.


By the end of this year there will be three more additions, because my sister, cousin, and I are all expecting.



Between all these big events, we had fun hanging out around the house and around Orlando. We watched movies, hung out at different splash pads, went to the beach, and other fun things.

Playing in the kiddie pool and sprinklers.
Making home-made laundry detergent from this recipe: Homemade Laundry Detergent
Casselberry splash pad fun!
Lunch with high school friends!
Painting nails. 

I even read a book! I read The Princess of the Silver Wood, which I would highly recommend. It was my favorite of the three in the trilogy. I wrote about the first two books of the series here: Princess Books by Jessica Day George.

We had a great time, but it's also great to be home.

Comments

Popular Posts