My Etsy Shop - Instagram

Squash Soup Recipe

My aunt made this amazing, delicious, vegan copy cat recipe for Panera's Autumn Squash Soup, which I heard they rolled off the menu already (so soon!). She sent me the recipe, and now I'm passing it onto you. I wish I could give the recipe-writer credit, but I don't know who it was! 

In this version, I added my alterations, which were delicious. 

There were some variations that I tried that didn't go so well, like boiling the squash instead of roasting it. The soup made from roasted squash tasted better. Also, one time I used canned pumpkin instead of squash, and it was awful. Don't do that. Stick with the squash. 

I hate cooking, but this recipe is easy and yummy, so it's worth the work. I'm making it as my contribution to Thanksgiving dinner this year!

I ate it before I could take a picture, so just imagine yummy, creamy, orange-ish soup.

Enjoy! 


Copycat Panera Bread’s Autumn Squash Soup (vegan, Paleo and gluten-free)
Yield: serves 8-10

Ingredients
  • 4 cups of peeled and cubed butternut squash, roasted or boiled (basically one squash)
  • 1 large apple, peeled, cored and cubed (Honeycrisp for a sweeter soup)
  • 1 small-medium sweet yellow onion, diced
  • 1 TBSP coconut oil
  • 1 teaspoon curry powder
  • 1 teaspoon pumpkin pie spice
  • 1/4 tsp nutmeg
  • 3.5 cups vegetable broth
  • 1/2 cup vanilla almond milk 
  • 1 tablespoon honey
Instructions
  1. Roast cubed butternut squash that has been seasoned with cinnamon and salt for 30 mins at 425 degrees F. 
  2. Meanwhile, in a large skillet over med-high heat, sauté apple and onion in coconut oil with curry powder and a few dashes of salt for about 10 mins and until softened.
  3. Add broth, milk, and squash to the large skillet with the apple and onion and bring to a boil. Reduce heat and simmer uncovered for about 20 mins. Stir in salt to taste. 
  4. Use an immersion blender or transfer soup to a high-speed blender or food processor and blend until soup is smooth and creamy.


Comments

Popular Posts