My Etsy Shop - Instagram

Recipe: Pumpkin Muffins

Since it's officially fall in Florida (meaning, I have put out my fall decorations), I think it's about time to share a great recipe that I did not invent. A friend shared this recipe with me, and I will now share it with you.


Pumpkin Spice Muffins
Ingredients:
1 box of Duncan Hines Spiced Cake ($1.79 at Publix)
1 15oz can of Libby's canned Pumpkin ($1.59 at Publix)

Mix both ingredients. Bake at 350 degrees Fahrenheit in a cupcake pan for 15-18 minutes. Makes 18-24 muffins.

It's really that easy!

I searched for nutrition facts, and found them here.

Now, I baked mine in this adorable cupcake pan made by Nordic Ware. Baker's Joy cooking spray is a must-have, because it has flour in the spray. Nordic Ware and Baker's Joy helped me create adorable leaf-shaped muffins!

Pricing:
Even though I'm not including the pan cost in the total recipe cost, I'll let you know the pan was $18.00 at Walmart. Most Nordic Ware bakeware is $30-$40. Not bad, Walmart. With the combined cost of Baker's Joy ($2.50 at Publix, but only used half a can), cake mix and pumpkin, the cost per muffin is approximately $.26. That's a deal.

Two ingredients + moist, delicious taste + affordable price + adorable presentation + fairly healthy = perfect holiday treat.

Comments

Kathy said…
I use chocolate cake mix and pumpkin and bake them in standard muffin tins. Your leaf tin is adorable, and I'm sure they taste delicious with the spiced pumpkin flavor! Since the recipe doesn't use oil or eggs, it's good for those watching their weight.
Thanks for sharing!!

Popular Posts