My Etsy Shop - Instagram

Mommy of Two: Two months in

Wow, how can one month feel so long! Other people have said, "She's already two months? Wow that went fast!" But it's the same concept as other people's pregnancies always go faster than your own. I'm living each day in all its hours watching this little person grow up, and it feels long. 


Long isn't necessarily bad though. I've enjoyed watching Amy fatten up and raise her head and follow objects with her eyes. She gets distracted while eating if Daddy or Daisy start talking in the room. She loves to watch Rufio run around. I'm still her favorite person, and seem to always have the magic touch when calming her down, even without nursing. 

I love having a baby. She's so cute and sweet. I love her smiles and squishy cheeks. I'm excited for the future and for the girls to interact more, but I'm really loving Amy's baby stage too. 

It feels like Amy is growing up faster than Daisy did. Time goes slowly, but Amy's growth in that time seems fast. Her milestones seem too soon, but I guess that's because I'm not waiting with anticipation for them to happen like I did with Daisy. 

In addition to her milestones, she's growing in size faster than Daisy did. She's already in six month clothes!! All her cute three month clothes are packed up. 


This month Amy started going seven hours between feedings at night. That gives me about six consecutive hours of sleep overnight, which means I can go without a nap during the day if necessary. 

No naps are helpful, because I opened my Etsy shop back up this month, and I've been busy with orders. Pregnancy slowed down my sewing WAY more than having an infant. When Zane is here to watch the girls, I can knock out my orders in a few hours. When I was pregnant, I had to stretch them out over days. Just an interesting observation. 


One thing that will probably remain a challenge no matter what is this constant worry that I'm neglecting one of the girls. When I'm holding Amy, I'm worried that Daisy's not getting enough attention, and when Amy's stuck in her yellow rocker for most the day, I'm worried that she's not getting held enough. How do people add more kids to the mix?



I had quite a bit of baby blues the last couple months, but ever since Zane's winter break from school started, I have felt much better. His daily presence has given me the break that I needed, like when he gets up with Daisy in the morning, and I get to sleep an extra hour. He starts back to school in January, but I think I'll be in a much better place then. I have several goals for the new year, and I'm excited about starting a new chapter and new routine. 

I think the main lesson I have learned through this early newborn transition is to not set too high expectations for myself. In fact, the only expectation a mom of a newborn should set is to feed her kids and change their diapers. Forget accomplishing anything else!

Comments

Popular Posts