My Etsy Shop - Instagram

Happy First Birthday, Daisy!

Daisy's birthday was at the end of June, but we celebrated it over the course of a month.


Celebration #1

Her first celebration was with my family on Father's day. We had lunch, sang to her and gave her a cupcake, which she ate very daintily. She wasn't sure about the singing, but there were no tears. Afterwards, she enjoyed her presents, especially the wooden puzzles.


Celebration #2

In lieu of throwing a party for her (because I don't have time or energy for that), we did a family day the day before her actual birthday. We revisited the major places where we went the day she was born, when I was in labor. It was fun to reminisce at each point about what we were experiencing the year prior.  

First stop was Chick Fil A, where I first when into labor when having lunch with a friend. I remember asking Stephanie to drive me to where Zane was, because my contractions were coming four minutes apart. 


We let Daisy have a taste of ice cream, which she enjoyed. 


Next up was the Sanford Winn Dixie, where, per instructions from my midwife, I walked around during the early stages of labor. I remembered feeling self-conscious about people noticing me in pain and thinking I was crazy for being at a grocery store.


Daisy enjoyed walking around the aisles and attempting to pull out all the greeting cards. 

Next was Heart 2 Heart Birth Center, where I did most my labor. We reminisced about the labor time that seemed to fly by for me, but went slowly for Zane, up to the point of my transfer to the hospital at 10 cm. 



Daisy didn't know what we were doing, but she enjoyed getting in and out of the car to take pictures. 

Lastly, we visited outside the hospital. Zane showed me where the ambulance took me in, and where he ran following us across the street. We speculated as to which window was our post partum room. Daisy had fun interacting with some ducks that were out and about looking for food. 


I didn't let her get too close. 

After the hospital stop, Daisy was pooped and fell asleep in the car. We had a great time, and the entire day I was thinking, "I'm so glad I don't have to go through labor today." 

The next day was Daisy's actual birthday, which was only really celebrated with a cute onesie (the first picture on this post) and cake at the end of the night. My sister Lydia and BIL Kevin were with us and my other sister Angela skyped in for the cake. It was totally low-key, which was fine with me. Daisy didn't seem to mind either. 

Celebration #3

Two weeks later, we celebrated in a big party thrown by Zane's mom. This final celebration was a joint party for Daisy and her cousin Maddie, who was born nine days after Daisy. 

I made Maddie a matching birthday onesie, and made them both tutus. Cuties. 

Zane's mom threw a fun family party at the county park where his dad works as a ranger. It was a beautiful day with delicious food, great company, and lots of gifts! We officially have a one year-old, who is a well-loved sweetie pie with the toy hoard to prove it.


Comments

Popular Posts