My Etsy Shop - Instagram

Used to be a Christian?

Yesterday my coworker got a phone call from a donor. I work at a Christian non-profit mission organization. The donor took a while explaining why she was giving to one of our missionaries. She said there were so many people who grew up in Sunday school, who in college decided to leave the faith. She was giving to a missionary to college students.

My question for anyone in the world who will leave a comment-answer is this:

If you ever used to go to church or believe in God or Jesus, and you don't now - why? What were your reasons for quitting your faith?

I'm asking as a non-judgmental, curious Christian. Yes, we exist.

Comments

Anonymous said…
I think if I replied to this it would turn into several pages! I think about this more and more as I get older, because I was turned off church at a young age, stopped going as soon as I could, and still struggle to reconcile my beliefs with this. I feel like Jesus would be devastated if he saw how often the church is used for hate these days. we haven't seen each other in a while...we should get together when I am back in town and maybe we can talk about it!

Lilly

Popular Posts