My Etsy Shop - Instagram

More Attempts at Gardening

In April, I attempted some gardening. Some of those attempts failed, some succeeded.

Let's look at the failures first:
I thought it would be a good idea to plant the pineapples and jasmine in this spot. 

Apparently it wasn't a good idea:
The right jasmine was scorched by the sun, and the left jasmine hasn't grown an inch. 
The pineapples didn't get enough sun, so I moved them.

Now for the success:
My Mexican petunia, before. Notice how close that amaryllis is.

After:
You might not be able to tell, but the mexican petunia is now humungus. We have lots of flowers on it every morning. I had to move the amaryllis because it was getting overshadowed, literally. You can also see where I moved the pineapples to full sun. 

And lastly, my new attempt:
This area had been FULL of weeds. 

I was going to take a picture of the weeds to show you guys, but one day I came home from work, and Zane had pulled them all! Yay for Zane!! No before picture, but imagine that grassy weed stuff as tall as my hip. It was bad. 

We planted lantana and some blue flower plant. There's my amaryllis and a sago palm, which I propagated a few years ago. Based on the growth I've seen of it's brother plants, I imagine it'll be large and in charge in no time. 

My garden is a bit hodge-podge looking. I tried to give it some order, but I guess it just reflects my hodge-podge life. Here's hoping my flower bed will stay beautiful!!

Comments

Popular Posts