My Etsy Shop - Instagram

On the Edge of the Dark Sea of Darkness

Good Monday morning!!

On the Edge of the Dark Sea of Darkness is a YA fiction by Andrew Peterson, the Christian singer/songwriter. Zane loves Andrew Peterson's songs. He requested his album for Christmas one year, and this book came with the album.

I'm often skeptical when a professional artist crosses into other areas of art, but Peterson really holds his own in the YA fiction world.

It's the story of three siblings who live on the edge of a cliff in a country oppressively ruled by evil Fangs of Dang (you'll have to read it to find out what those are!). There's something special about the kids and as they discover this, they find themselves in a dangerous adventure.

It's charming, whimsical and light. I loved it. It's not overtly Christian, so I'm pretty sure it would be acceptable reading in public schools too.

On the Edge of the Dark Sea of Darkness is part of the Wingfeather Saga. The sequel is North! Or Be Eaten, followed by a triquel (I made that word up), The Monster in the Hollows. I'd love to read them, but my library doesn't carry them. I guess I'll be making a request soon.

I hope you like it too!!

A little bonus: my friend shared this blog post of Peterson's recently. It's his wise perspective of Harry Potter and fantasy stories.

Lastly, I'll leave you with one of Andrew Peterson's fun songs.

Comments

Popular Posts