My Etsy Shop - Instagram

For Harry Potter Fans

I'm not really a Harry Potter fan. I appreciate JK Rowling's creation, but I've only read four of the books. I can't explain why I don't care that much. I just have an apathy about it all.

I've seen all the movies, but I was super confused about the plot without having read the books. Luckily, there are enough die-hards to fill in the details for me.

As apathetic as I am, my brother-in-law takes the cake. A bunch of us saw HP7P1 (like that?) last year in the theater. Bro has apparently been living under a rock the last 13 years and hasn't read the books or seen any of the movies. Case in point: the film opens with a newspaper, all HP style with moving pictures, and bro turns to the group, saying, "Something's wrong with that newspaper." We think he should have waited to see HP7P2 as his first HP experience. Start at the end and work backwards.

Enough about HP apathy. Here are some HP gems I've found lately, in honor of the last movie premiering this month.

First, a little paper art:
This piece was created by paper artist Brittany Lee for a Harry Potter tribute show coming up.

She also created this fantastic piece:

Check out her blog for descriptions, close ups and more of her fantastic work! She has an etsy page too!


Second, a little parody:

I'm a huge fan of parodies. I'm also a fan of Hillywood, a pair of sisters who create fantastic short film/music video parodies of popular shows and movies. They gained popularity with their Twilight parodies, which are great. Here's their debut Harry Potter parody, set to the tune of a YouTube sensation song that we all know and love:


I plan on seeing Deathly Hallows: Pt 2 as long as I take an HP fan with me to explain it to me afterwards!

Comments

Popular Posts