My Etsy Shop - Instagram

Fixing Straps

One of the most common sewing projects I do is dress straps. I've added, removed, and adjusted straps. This post is about that.

I wore this dress to leave our reception on our wedding day. See me running away with my brand new husband thinking, "Bahamas, here we come!!!"
April 5, 2008
Young and Restless

This is designed as a halter dress. Halters are cute, but they can put quite a strain on my neck. I tend to hate this dress (and therefore, not wear it), because it's so uncomfortable around my neck. I decided to change that.

I decided to sew loops on the end of the straps and thread the back sash (at the waist) through the loops to create a cross back. I first sewed the straps to the dress, but it was way too tight, so I tried this looser method.

 Here's an extreme close up of what I mean. The print is kind of busy, but hopefully you can tell. I ended up moving the ends of the cross straps closer to my sides, so it created a wider X. However, I have no picture of this.

But I do have a picture of me wearing the dress on Friday night at the Booster celebration dinner with my fellow Central Florida wives. 
Love these girls. 

When it comes to garments (as with many other things in life):
Reduce, Reuse, Recycle
&
Redesign, Repurpose

Comments

Popular Posts