My Etsy Shop - Instagram

Ella Enchanted

When I was in sixth grade, my school librarian recommended this book to me. It had just come out, and I think I was the first student to check it out from the library. It's the first book that I can remember not being able to put down. I stayed up late to find out what would happen to Ella.

It's the story of Cinderella retold in a clever, whimsical, first-person narrative. Gail Carson Levine quickly became one of my favorite authors.

You'll fight for Ella, swoon for Char, and take a swing (or two) at Hattie. Levine's characters are perfect. I remember wanting to know Ella and live in her world. I wanted to be sent to finishing school, witness a giant's wedding, and taste elvish soup.

Since then, Gail Carson Levine has written several other novels and short stories. Plus! I just discovered that she's got a blog!

If any of you have seen the movie version of Ella Enchanted, but haven't read the book, I encourage you to do so! It's incredibly different. The movie was cute and quirky, but the book will steal your heart.

I love this book. It'll always be one of my favorites.

Comments

Popular Posts