My Etsy Shop - Instagram

At Home in Mitford

I love the Mitford series. Love it.

The first book is At Home in Mitford by Jan Karon. She creates the most loveable characters. The story is centered around Father Tim, an Epsicopalian priest, whose parish is a small town in North Carolina, called Mitford.

Jan Karon is a character genius. She writes the quirkiest, most lovable characters, who I wish I could meet in person.

I read these right after reading a rather plot-driven series, and it was a breath of fresh air. The Mitford books are all about the characters. There are several plots that overlap throughout each book, but most of the entertainment is in the dialogue and circumstances of the cute characters. Some of the plots are silly and fun, and others are deep and serious. It's a balance between real life and ideal life.

I flew through the entire series. I couldn't get enough of Mitford. Several people had recommended them to me before I finally read them. They were all on the New York Times Bestseller list, too. Great books!

Comments

Popular Posts