My Etsy Shop - Instagram

Staybridge Suites

A hotel review.

Zane and I stayed in Tallahassee for two weeks while he worked up there. I usually stay home when he travels, but whenever he booked this school back in the spring, we asked if I could take the baby and go with him, and his boss said yes! It was SO nice to not be separated from him for two weeks, and on the weekend in between, we got to visit my sister, so that was a bonus.

We stayed at Staybridge Suites, to which I can give my highest recommendation.

I've never stayed in a hotel for two weeks straight or all day long during a day. I was a little worried about that, but it was delightful.

Staybridge in Tallahassee is on a beautiful lake, with a walkway and dock. There's also several pavilions that I saw many guests take advantage of. Daisy and I enjoyed an afternoon in one of them.



The rooms were super clean and up to date. We had a suite, which was basically a one-bedroom apartment.

The kitchens have a medium-size fridge, microwave, dishwasher, toaster, coffee maker, and two stove burners. They're also equipped with cutting boards, pots and pans, knives, storage containers, cups, silverware, etc. We were able to purchase groceries and eat a couple meals in the room.

But we didn't have to do that on Tuesdays-Thursdays, when the Staybridge offered a social time in the evening that included free drinks, salad bar, and a light dinner. Dinner options included (depending on the day): ravioli, burgers, pizza, and a taco bar.

Additionally, every morning Staybridge provided a beautiful breakfast spread. I ate breakfast there nine different days, and I could have chosen to eat nine different breakfasts. I went with waffles most days, but there was always an egg and breakfast meat option, cereal, oatmeal, breakfast breads, and fruit.


The staff were super friendly and helpful. Since I was there for two weeks, they started to recognize me (Daisy helped that part). One day I needed a screwdriver to put batteries in Daisy's mobile, and the guy at the front desk tediously opened battery case, discovering that I needed more batteries than I had brought down to the lobby. I was able to borrow it and return it later (which was good, because traveling upstairs and downstairs with Daisy was tedious in itself).

Taking pictures with baby becomes an activity when you're in a hotel all day long. 

Every morning the breakfast attendant welcomed me and said sweet things about Daisy. In fact, Daisy got lots of ooh's and ahh's from the staff and other guests. She's really good at making friends.

The cost varies depending on how long you stay. Staybridge is set up for long-term stays. We met a couple who was staying there for a few months while the husband worked in Tallahassee. Based on the website, they could have been staying for as little as $70/day. We live in our house for about $40/day, and Staybridge provides some meals and cleaning. Pretty good deal!

The only downfall is that our key cards got deactivated a few times. The first time was my fault, because I put it next to a magnet. My card was deactivated maybe four times in two weeks, which felt like a lot, because I had Daisy with me every time and she didn't care for the elevators. The front desk staff were really friendly about replacing the cards, but I didn't like having to get them replaced in the first place. First world problems, I know.

Staybridge offered really great hospitality, and I definitely recommend looking them up if you're ever staying somewhere for an extended period of time.

P.S. I'm not getting paid by Staybridge. I just wrote this because I had a great experience.

Comments

Popular Posts