My Etsy Shop - Instagram

Movie Update

In April, I gave you a list of movies I wanted to see this summer. It's fall now, so here's the results of my summer movie viewing:

Here's my original list of 11 movies I wanted to see:
  • Something Borrowed
  • Thor
  • Bridesmaids
  • Pirates of the Caribbean: On Stranger Tides
  • X-Men: First Class
  • Bad Teacher
  • Harry Potter and the Deathly Hallows, Pt. 2
  • Captain America: The First Avenger
  • Cowboys Vs. Aliens
  • Rise of the Planet of the Apes
  • Conan the Barbarian
Here's the updated list. The strike throughs are what I successfully saw. The italics are movies I saw that weren't on the original list.

  • Something Borrowed
  • Thor
  • Bridesmaids
  • Pirates of the Caribbean: On Stranger Tides
  • X-Men: First Class
  • Bad Teacher
  • Harry Potter and the Deathly Hallows, Pt. 2
  • Captain America: The First Avenger
  • Cowboys Vs. Aliens
  • Rise of the Planet of the Apes
  • Conan the Barbarian
  • Water For Elephants
  • Your Highness
  • Horrible Bosses

I don't know if I still care to see the ones I missed over the summer. It's funny how that happens. I see the trailer and get excited, but when it comes to DVD, I forget to rent it. Then I don't end up watching it until years later. Like Timeline, which I just saw and really liked. It came out in 2003. Where was I then?  Probably wrapped up in high school drama.  

As for the movies I did see, I didn't enjoy them all. From that list I'd only recommend the following:
  • Bridesmaids - it's pretty raunchy at parts, but we were crying from laughter.
  • Thor - upbeat, fun super hero film.
  • X-Men - I love all things X-men, and James McAvoy is amazing in this one.
  • Water For Elephants - loved the actors, the cinematography and the story. It was beautiful. 
  • Harry Potter - I may lack Potter fever, but I still thought it was excellent.

Do you have any recommendations for me from this past summer's movie madness? 

Comments

Popular Posts