My Etsy Shop - Instagram

Anne of Green Gables

Every fall in the last few years, I've felt nostalgic about the first fall that Zane and I were married. Something about that season of life was wonderful, and it buried wonderful memories deep in my heart. I remember cool weather, cooking with the windows open, decorating our little apartment with autumn color, long walks with Zane, and reading Anne of Green Gables.

Fall and Anne are now fused together in my nostalgic memory.

I haven't written about classics yet, because I figure everyone has read them. But then again, I didn't read L.M. Mongomery's sweet Anne series until three years ago.

I totally recommend them. Anne is sweet and funny. She'll steal your heart. Montgomery's other characters are vibrant and loveable. The series is a lot like Mitford, focused on characters more than plot.

If you haven't read Anne of Green Gables and the subsequent books of the series, I totally recommend them. They'll make your heart light.

There are film versions, which I love too. However, they're pretty different. I love them both as separate ways of telling a story. The books are much more detailed and have so many more quirky adventures of sweet Anne and friends.

In fact, I want to read them again to celebrate the coming of fall!

Comments

Popular Posts