My Etsy Shop - Instagram

Lady in Waiting

Another non-fiction book! I first read this book in college, and it really changed my life. As a little girl, my biggest goal in life was to be married. I got married at a pretty young age, but even that was after years of pining and fearing it would never happen.

I know I'm not the only woman like that.

Lady in Waiting is based on the book of Ruth in the Bible. There are several different character traits of Ruth that Jackie Kendall and Debby Jones unpack in their how-to-be-a-single-woman manual.

One of my favorites is the "Lady of Diligence." Ruth didn't sit around doing nothing until her husband came along. She worked in the fields and helped support her mother in law. I was motivated by that chapter to use my single-woman availability to minister to others in a way I couldn't do if I was married.

There are several other great points of encouragement in this book. I totally recommend it to young single women, especially if you're dying to be married.

Kendall and Jones validate our fears and desires, give a fresh perspective of the single life, and motivate and encourage single women to live in a way that's pleasing to God in this time of waiting.

I've also read reviews from women who have been married for decades, who read this book and were encouraged in new ways. Because of that, I plan on reading it again to see how the content relates to my life now as a married college grad.

I have a copy if anyone wants to borrow it.

Comments

Popular Posts