My Etsy Shop - Instagram

Hammock to Blanket

Last week Lydia and I went to my grandma's to check out some stuff she was giving away. I picked up several things, including this hammock from Honduras that my grandfather got for her when he went there on a trip several years ago.


I know from experience what it's like to get a hammock in a Latin American country and never use it. I have one from Nicaragua that's in a closet until I find a place to hang it...whenever that is. That one is netted though, so it wouldn't work for what I did with the Honduran hammock, which I'll show you right now!

This is a no-sew project!

First, I cut the strings off the ends.
Grandma said she didn't care if I turned it into a throw. In fact, I think she suggested that I do it. 

Each big loop looked like this:
I unravelled it, which gave me two medium loops. 

I separated each medium loop into two smaller loops and tied knots in the smaller loops:

I did that along the whole hammock on both sides and ended up with a cute Honduran throw. 
I hope you like the coffee table leg in the corner of this picture. 

The end.

Comments

Popular Posts