My Etsy Shop - Instagram

Cinnamon Wreath

Last week I saw a cinnamon stick wreath somewhere on the internet, so Lydia and I decided to attempt to make them. Cinnamon sticks are pretty pricey, so we bought brooms from Publix for $4.00 each. 

First thing we did was clip off the wires and unravel the brooms. 

Then we broke them into six-inch pieces. 
 It was pretty messy, and we nearly suffocated from the cinnamon fumes. 

Also, my hands and forearms were really itchy afterwards, so I had to scrub them down really well before starting the next step. 

We cut rings out of stiff felt and started gluing the sticks with a hot glue gun. 

Lyd's mother-in-law gave her craft stuff, including small decorative pine cones, which we used to adorn the centers of our wreaths. We tried to decorate them so they can be used during Thanksgiving and Christmas. 

Here's Lydia's final product:

Here's my final product:

We had enough cinnamon sticks to make four wreaths, but I only have pictures of these two. And let me tell you - these babies are fragrant! 

Comments

Popular Posts