My Etsy Shop - Instagram

Foreign Host

We're currently hosting a Japanese student named Satomi. Here's a short list of some things we've done:

Last weekend we....
Ate at Taco Bell
Watched Zane play flag football
Participated in a square dance
Went to church
Shopped at Target
Put together a jigsaw puzzle
Watched The Princess Bride
Cooked on the outdoor grill
Played Wii


Some American phrases/words she's learned from us include:
"Oh my goodness!"
"Oops"
"Halfway"
"Lost in translation"
"Ladies first"
"Curiosity killed the cat."
"Ridiculous"
"Too much" vs "So much"


Yesterday we went to Sam's Club - she cracked up laughing at the size of the dog food bags. "American size" haha. So true!! I bought a 50 pound bag of food for Rufio that will last us about 4-6 months. What can I say? God bless the USA.

"I'm proud to be an American, where at least I can buy in bulk! And I won't forget the times that I used to go to the store every week."

Comments

Popular Posts