My Etsy Shop - Instagram

Order Up Cafe

A restaurant review.

One Sunday morning, Zane and I woke up and said, "Let's go out to breakfast before church." We decided to go to Order Up Cafe, one of the local restaurants on my list of places to try out.

We dropped in about 9:45, and there were a few tables, but I was surprised by the number of people in there. I had the idea that many of them were regulars, based on their camaraderie with the waitresses.

The atmosphere was pretty plain. But I liked the openness of the dining room. We snagged a booth near the window...and sunk into it. My legs were balancing on the wooden frame of the seat, which was kind of uncomfortable, but I didn't want to sit at a table either. I suggest they get new booth cushions.

The breakfast menu was pretty extensive, but all of it was heavy. I got the Order Up breakfast special, which can be found on their website. It was fried eggs, a biscuit, home-ground sausage and breakfast potatoes, which were red potatoes fried in some awesome seasoning. Zane got a corn beef hash and veggie omelete. We were both satisfied, but I don't know if either of us would rave about it.

They also have a breakfast special of pumpkin cranberry french toast. I think I'd like to try it, but I'll have to be ready for a sugar overload that day.

The service was really great. Our waitress was super sweet and low-key. She brought us potato samples before we ordered.

The prices were reasonable. What you would expect - about $6-9 a plate.

I don't know if we'll be inclined to return, but it was a pretty good experience. If you like heavy diner food, then it's perfect for you.

Comments

Popular Posts