My Etsy Shop - Instagram

Babymoon Anniversary Trip - Day 2

Here's part two of our Sarasota vacation! Part one can be found here

Saturday morning we started the day with pedicures. Zane was surprisingly willing. He loved the massage part but didn't like the part where she picked at his toenails. I loved all of it. I almost fell asleep while she was massaging my calves. We walked away with happy, beautiful feet.


Then we ate lunch at Peach's Restaurant, which I posted about yesterday. We considered going to the Ringling Museum, but we chose mini golf instead. We're not anti-museum people, but neither of us were super excited about it, so we thought we'd save it for another trip. 



Zane and I both got holes in one! I actually got two during that round. We came back after dinner and played again (they had a special going for a second round in one day), and Zane got another hole in one! We're just great at putt putt. We each won round, so we're pretty well-matched too. 


Then we headed back to the hotel to get ready for our nice evening out at St. Armand's Circle.


28 weeks and officially into the third trimester!

We walked around St. Armand's Circle and checked out all the menus before finally deciding to eat at Tango. We ate on the walkway, because the sun was setting and the weather was beautiful. Tango was an excellent restaurant experience. Our hostess and waiter were both really attentive and sweet.


The food was so good too! Zane got a skirt steak, and I got coconut crusted chicken with raisin sauce. Just writing about it makes me want to go back and get some more. We also got Philadelphia sushi rolls as an appetizer. That was my first sushi experience, and I concluded that I haven't been missing anything. 


Kilwin's was just a few stores down from Tango, so we had to get ice cream! We also got some yummy fudge. 

Enjoying a delicious mint chocolate chip ice cream cone.

The next morning was Easter Sunday, and we had already decided to not go to church. We ate a Peach's and tried to go shopping, but EVERYWHERE was closed, including the Ellenton outlets. Apparently Easter is treated like Thanksgiving and Christmas in the retail world. This surprised me, because I figure there are a lot of people in the country who do not celebrate Easter. But maybe I'm wrong. I don't know what all the Jewish and Muslim people did on Sunday, but I know they didn't go shopping. 

We decided that we're better off hanging out with family on Easter from now on. I missed my home church too. Oh well, lesson learned. 

We saw Wrath of the Titans, which I enjoyed more than the first one. I thought it was a pretty great movie. I was delighted to see Rosumund Pike in the leading lady role. You may know her as Jane from the 2005 Pride and Prejudice. I think she's a fantastic actress and absolutely beautiful. Who knew that you could look so gorgeous when you're fighting monsters and such?


We ended our sweet weekend with Easter dinner with Zane's family. My sister-in-law is pregnant too, due 10 days after me, both with our first babies, so it's extra fun to share pregnancy stories and talk baby stuff with her. Can't wait until the six of us officially become eight this summer!

There you have it - our fantastic anniversary/babymoon. It will go down as one of our best vacations ever. 

Comments

Popular Posts