My Etsy Shop - Instagram

Five More Handmade Christmas Gifts

My lofty goal of blogging tutorials on each of my handmade Christmas presents is slipping away like 2012. Instead, here's quick overview of the rest of the handmade gifts I gave this year with links to the tutorials that I either used for inspiration or followed exactly. 

1. Tutus for Daisy

These are super simple to make. I kind of figured this one out on my own, but there's a handy tutorial found at The Ribbon Retreat here


2. Watermark Tees for my sisters.

These were very well-received. I got this from Sweet Verbena's post on UCreate found here. Hers turned out much sharper than mine, which are more abstract-looking. If you can read it, then I think you'll get a good chuckle. My sisters both did. 


3. Daisy handprint ornaments for her grandmas.

Sorry this photo is kind of blurry, but it's the only one I have on my computer, and I don't want to go do a photo shoot of the ornaments right now. I got this tutorial off pinterest for a baby footprint garden stone: The Imagine Tree. The only thing I did differently is a handprint (obviously), and I painted the area around the hand a different color, which made the hand part pop out nicely. 

I did this impression of Daisy's hand in either late October or early November, and her hand is already bigger than the whole ornament! 

4. Infinity Scarf for sisters


This is another Sweet Verbena tutorial. These are SO easy to make. You can easily crank out several of these in a one sitting. The tutorial is here. 


5. Bow Tie Top for sisters. 

Yet another Sweet Verbena project. The tutorial is called the Simple Bow Tie Top. Bah! "Simple" yeah, right. I had a hard time with this one. I ran into several problems making these, so I had to rip out lots of stitches, and I would totally have given up on this if I hadn't bought all the materials and if it wasn't a gift. The tutorial looks so EASY! 


If you missed my other handmade gift posts, you can find them here with links to more tutorials: 


I hope you all had a great holiday season. We had a fantastic Christmas with Daisy, but that's another post for another day. 


Comments

Popular Posts