My Etsy Shop - Instagram

Garden Comparison


When browsing posts from last summer trying to find our last Cow Day, I stumbled upon this garden post

I have to show you the progress of a year of growth for my plants. They're super overgrown right now, and the weeds are getting bad, because it's hot, and I have a baby to take care of, and I haven't had the motivation or time to pull weeds. But I need to do it soon, because the vines from H-E-double hockey sticks are coming back. 

July 2011

July 2012

Pretty crazy how full those blue flowers have gotten. You can't tell they're blue, because I took this picture in the heat of the day, when they close up. I have no idea what kind of plant that is, but whenever I find out, I'm buying more of it, because it's so hardy! I had a plumbego and lantana, both of which are known for hardiness in Florida, but both of which which died in this same spot. These blue whatevers have flourished where other hardy plants have died. 

And those yellow astirs are doing great too! I moved the amaryllis, so that's why it's not in the 2012 picture. 

If you look beyond the good plants, you can see that awful vine making its way closer to the house to destroy all that is good in this garden. I will destroy the vine first...if I can find the time/motivation. I need to destroy it before it starts producing fruit, which drops nasty seeds everywhere for massive multiplication! It's the rabbit of bad vines. 

Maybe I'll mix up some more of that vinegar/soap solution. It worked for me before for killing unwanted plants!


Comments

Popular Posts