My Etsy Shop - Instagram

Pregnancy is Like a Water Slide

At Wet N Wild, a water park in Orlando, there's a slide called the Bombay. It's a vertical incline slide that has a rocket ship at the top. The rider stands inside the rocket ship until the lifeguard drops the bottom out of the ship, and the rider falls down/slides down the slide. 

In middle school it's a rite of passage. So, I basically only did it because I wanted to prove that I was cool. I obviously failed because this was me in middle school: 

Opposite of cool. I had four points the whole season. My favorite place was the bench.
No water slide can help me now. 

Anyways, being pregnant is like waiting in line for the Bombay slide. 

Ahead of me in line were all the pregnant women in my life that were due before me. I watched them one by one get into the rocket ship and get dropped out, or deliver their babies. One by one, it got closer to my turn. 

The last couple weeks I've been standing in the rocket ship waiting for the bottom to drop out. 

Saturday, June 30 it happened. My time came. I delivered my baby, and now I'm at the bottom of the traumatic slide adventure looking up and cheering the other women on. You can do it! It's amazing! 

I'm still writing the birth story, but I had to share this analogy which has been floating in my head for the last six months or so. Daisy's napping right now, so I'll go back to work on my birth adventure post. I can't wait to share it with you!

Comments

Unknown said…
Was Bombay really amazing? I'm not so sure. All I remember is getting out with a wedgie.

Popular Posts