My Etsy Shop - Instagram

Dreamy Weamy

I'm changing my name. This blog is changing venues. 

As if parenthood, full-time work, hubs in school, planning a trip to China, and starting an etsy shop, weren't enough for me, I decided to change this space too. 

Where's My Dream Life?


I've never been crazy about the title "Where's My Dream Life?" It was relevant when I first started this blog as I was trying to discover my purpose in life. I graduated college, got married, and started a part-time data-entry job. I had a lot of time to ponder what my next steps were supposed to be.

It was relevant when we were trying to have a baby. I felt like my dreams were just out of grasp. I was literally looking for my dream life. I started acting, which did fulfill a dream of mine, but I was constantly wishing to be a parent. Now that I'm a parent, I'm wishing to be an actor again. Times and seasons, I guess. 

In many ways, the phrase "Where's My Dream Life?" still applies. I don't think I'll ever be satisfied. I'm okay with that. I'm a very pro-active, creative person, and I want to keep expanding my skills and trying new things. 

But - the name has to go. 

It's too long and confusing. It can't be shortened in an acronym because "WMDL" sounds like a radio station. Where it was relevant for my blog, it's not relevant for my etsy shop. Plus, I only ever liked it; I never loved it. 

So, I'm shifting the site. I'm branding a small business for myself (this is a lot of work, by the way). I'm changing my name. 

Dreamy Weamy

By this point, you may have guessed that "Dreamy Weamy" is the new name, since it's the title of this post. 

I wanted to keep the theme of dreaming, because I'm a dreamer. Dreamy Weamy is short. It rhymes. It's unique, and it's a subtle tribute to Doctor Who, referring to the line: "Wibbly Wobbly Timey Wimey Stuff."


Coming Soon

I'm in the process of making all this happen. I've got a lot to do. It may happen in October, or it may happen in January. It is happening. 

I'll keep you updated. 




Comments

Popular Posts