My Etsy Shop - Instagram

Daisy's First Trip to Disney

Sunday morning Zane and I were eating breakfast and this happened: 
D: "Let's go to Wet N' Wild." 
Z: "Okay!" 
D: "No, it's too expensive."
Z: "Then let's go to a Disney water park." 
D: "No, I don't want to use our free Disney tickets for a water park." 
Z: "Then let's go to Disney." 
D: "Okay!" 

A few hours later, this happened: 

Daisy's first visit to Disney World!
We arrived to the Magic Kingdom at noon and immediately got Daisy a First Visit button. 

I have to admit, when we first went through the turnstiles, I started to cry. Not blubbery, but more than teary-eyed (which was honestly, a little embarrassing). It was so special to remember all my times of entering Disney World as a kid, and now we were introducing our baby to the magical world of Disney!

First up, we did the carousel. I think she liked it, but she was very private about her emotions the entire day. Next, we did It's a Small World. She seemed to like the ride, but she mostly stayed quiet and observed the majesty. 

For Zane and me, it was all about the New Fantasyland. I know it's been around for a while now, but we hadn't seen it yet, so please share in my excitement. 

I was in LOVE with this corner of Fantasyland behind It's a Small World designed like the village from Tangled! 


I said, "Let's go see what that is!" It was the bathrooms. The coolest bathrooms in the whole park! Each stall door had large curly strap hinges! Zane said the mens' bathroom had frying pans all around. Love it!

Rapunzel's tower is behind Zane!


The entrance to the new parts of Fantasy land is flanked by these cool castle walls. 


Ariel's ride is in this awesome replica (can you replicate a fictional building?) of Prince Eric's Castle!! Can't you imagine him on the balcony playing his flute? What a dreamy prince with his flowy hair!


The beginning of the Ariel queue. 
We loved Gaston's tavern. This photo below is not the best angle or framing, but I was trying to get the fountain statue and the Beast's castle in the background. That castle is part of a restaurant that had a ridiculously long line to get into. Next time we'll try to eat there. 


Daisy trying out Gaston's chair. She's roughly the size of a tugboat. 

Right before the afternoon rain came, we snagged one of the only covered stroller parking spots in Frontier land and ran into Country Bear Jamboree. Then we dashed over to the Tiki Room. Two great shows for kiddos.

(Poop Story: Daisy had some tummy problems, and I had her on my lap in the Tiki Room. When the show ended, I set her down and saw a glob of diaper contents stuck to my leg. Yes, that happened. It was okay, because it was only on my leg (not my clothes), so I just discreetly wiped it off. My nonchalance in this story is how I know I've fully crossed over into mom-zone.)

After the Tiki Room, the rain stopped, so we grabbed my favorite Disney treat: Dole Whip!


Daisy was into the dole whip!

Then we did Pirates of the Caribbean, saw some mallard ducks (possibly Daisy's favorite part of the day), visited the chaotic former ToonTown-current Circus World (I do NOT recommend going back there: too many kids), rode the train back to Frontier land, ate dinner, and headed back to Fantasyland to do the Belle's Story Time ride/walk-through thing.

By then it was time to leave. Daisy stayed up from 12-7pm, totally skipping her afternoon nap. She was really the most excellent toddler the entire time. She was happy and content and conked out as soon as we started driving out of the parking lot.

It was a great, spontaneous day! We needed a little break from reality. Plus, it was a good test to see how Daisy does with little sleep, since we're headed to China in a couple weeks.


Comments

Popular Posts