My Etsy Shop - Instagram

Tea to Cocktail

Two and half years ago I was in a wedding, where I wore this orange dress. It's tea-length. Pretty. 

Well, I wanted to make it cocktail length for a New Year's Eve party. See, I bought these amazing shoes from White House Black Market, and they cost my entire budget for a New Year's Eve outfit, so I had to get creative. 

Thanks to Marisa at New Dress A Day, I felt the confidence to alter my old bridesmaids dress. 

First, I cut off the length. That's what Marisa always does first. 

Then, I got my tailor-husband, Zane, to pin the dress at the seams while I wore it. 


Then, I sewed up the seams and cut off the excess fabric. There was a lining, which I just cut the length on, because I like to cut corners. I sewed the hem, but I forgot to take pictures of that. Then I did a little cinch on the top to make it a sweetheart cut, which I think was crooked, but oh well. 

I added a purple ribbon, black feathers and voila! New Year's Eve ready. 

Happy New Year, everyone! 

Comments

Lilly said…
ok, let's see the shoes!

Popular Posts