My Etsy Shop - Instagram

The Life of a Booster Wife

Zane works for a company called Booster, a company which puts on a character and fitness program in schools, while raising funds for that school through a fun run. Short version. This post isn't about Booster, though, it's about me. (I'm so vain...I probably think this post is about me. Wait, I know it is).

I am a Booster wife. Unlike many jobs that husbands around the country have, my husband's job is unique. Yeah, you're all saying that, but my husband's job is better. Okay, fine, everyone's job is unique in it's own little way...

Booster is unique because they value integrity and marriage, which means I'm not just the wife of a guy on the Orlando team. I'm part of the team (well, part of the team for when they have team dinners, but not part of the team when they travel or go to work in the morning, etc.).

Speaking of travel, that's what this post is really about. Not the fun kind of travel, like going to Australia, but the bad kind of travel. The kind where your husband's company is serving a school in a different time zone, so he's there and you're here, and there's at least seven hours of driving between you.

Basically, Zane has to travel pretty frequently. Last month, he travelled four weeks in a row (and came home on the weekends). It's stressful sometimes.

But when I get a phone call from him, and he's all fired up about beating projections or seeing kids' lives positively impacted, or networking a new school, I realize that this is his dream job. He's thriving, excelling, and excited about the future. Ladies, that's exactly where you want your husband to be.

Bottom line: being a Booster wife is worth the frustrations of business travel.

Comments

Unknown said…
For as (sadly-- but honestly) jealous I get over my married friends, I am genuinely happy that you get the privilege and blessing of being a part of a team. I want that so bad. And cats make for poor partners. (except for cuddling, they are fun to cuddle).

Anywho though! You know I couldn't go without somehow mentioning my love for my feline friends. But the main point of this comment was that I'm glad you can be a booster wife! I'm sorry that you miss Zane :(

But I'm super looking forward to spending time with you friend!

Popular Posts