My Etsy Shop - Instagram

Happy Halloween: Four Snow Whites

This year for Halloween, we went with our friends to the Fruitville Grove Pumpkin Festival in Sarasota as four Snow Whites! This is my favorite photo of the day, because it looks like we're in the Enchanted Forest.


I made my costume from $1.59 yellow remnant fabric for the skirt. I had blue and red fabric to make my sleeves, and I found the blue t-shirt at Old Navy for less than $2.00 on sale. I also made all of our headbands from red fabric I had on hand. We bought Zane's yellow shorts from Goodwill for $4.00, and the girls' princess costumes were both consignment store finds by the two grandmas. Zane's cape is a throwback from when he was a kid. Our whole family costume cost us less than $10.00. Win!! 



Our friends' daughter also went as Snow White! It may have been confusing for strangers trying to figure out our families and who went with whom, haha. They were a cute little trio!! 



Compared to our previous festival visits this year, Fruitville had less to offer, but it was also free admission where you only pay per activity. 


The kids enjoyed SEVERAL face-in-hole photo ops. 



They also went on a "train ride" which was a bunch of 10-gallon barrels cut out and towed by a John Deere tractor. 



The three year-olds also got to experience their first pony ride! 




When we first drove up to the festival, I didn't see any other adults in costume, so I was prepared to be brave and rock it, but once we got in there, it felt totally natural. We got lots of compliments and comments on how cute our family was. 



The costume contest was at 1pm, but by noon, we had already been there two hours, and there wasn't enough to keep up there another hour, so we moved on with our day, skipping the contest.


We spent the rest of the day in Sarasota, starting with lunch at Der Dutchman (not pictured). Their service was so great! They were so sweet to us with our table of four adults and four kids! One woman came up to me and said, "This is about the sweetest thing I've ever seen. I think I'm going to cry! You guys are great parents!" The food was amazing, too!! 


After lunch, we changed into our swim suits and spent the afternoon at Siesta Key (also not pictured). It was a beautiful beach day!! The kids played in the sand and surf, and we parents lounged with them. October 31 in Florida is still beach weather! We were so relaxed, we forgot to take photos.


After beach, we hit up Chipotle for dinner, throwing our costumes back on for $3.00 burritos! I can't hardly believe how well-behaved the kids were throughout such a busy day! Amy caught Z's every time we were in the car between stops. (Photo below was taken by Daisy). 


We ended the night getting pie carry-out from Yoder's as the sun was setting, and kiddos were beginning to trick-or-treat. Our kiddos were falling asleep in the car as we drove home and put them to bed smelling of salt and sunscreen. Zane and I ate the pie in our pajamas as we finished the night with Netflix. 

It was a fun, full day!! Thanks, Geigers, for the marathon playdate!! 

Happy Halloween!!

Here's a summary of Daisy's costumes this year:

Ariel at Disney, Aurora at a church festival, and Snow White on Halloween. 

Comments

Popular Posts