My Etsy Shop - Instagram

Halloween Costumes: Ariel and Ursula

Happy Halloween! This year, I don't have a tutorial for a costume, because I made these while I was largely pregnant and extremely unmotivated to write a tutorial. The Ursula costume was super easy, but the Ariel costume required some major thinking and re-working. 

Here are my little dears in their Little Mermaid costumes: 


I attempted to put baby powder in Amy's hair, but it looks pretty shabby. At one point, I thought I'd buy red hairspray for Daisy, but that never came to fruition. The best laid plans, people. That's a fragment. 


Daisy loves her Ariel costume, especially her fin!



She also loved her personal photo shoot. 



The joint-shoot had some rough points. I haven't mastered the art of photographing a newborn and toddler quickly and effectively yet. This shows the pure emotion of both girls toward the end. They're just a couple of poor, unfortunate souls. 



I'm not sure if we'll get a chance to wear them in public this year, but luckily neither child is old enough to care yet. I also had lofty plans of creating coordinating costumes for Zane and me, but Amy's delivery and Halloween happened to close together this year. I'll aim for family costumes next year. 

Comments

Popular Posts