My Etsy Shop - Instagram

Mexican Pizza

You all know I'm not a cook, but here's one of my easy, yummy recipes that I used to make a few times a month. Zane doesn't like refried beans, which he didn't tell me until after I made this for him several times, so now I only make it if he's travelling. He was out of town last week, so I whipped it up for myself!


Here's the lowdown: 
10-12'' tortillas
1 can of refried beans
1 jar of salsa
1 pepper
1 sweet onion (I used a frozen onion/pepper mix)
8 oz of shredded cheese
1/2 lb of ground beef 

Preheat oven to 400F.
Brown the beef. 
Mix in onions, peppers and refried beans. 
Stir until mixed and soft. 
Lay out one tortilla in a round pan or on a cookie sheet. 
Spoon in half of bean and beef mixture. 
Lay another tortilla on top, and bake for 10 minutes. 
Take out pan, spoon half the jar of salsa and add cheese to top. 
Bake again until cheese is melted. 

This recipe makes two large Mexican pizzas and yields about 6-8 servings. 



I modified the recipe for single serving by using one a tortilla folded in half. This size works great for a toaster oven. I was also too lazy to defrost meat, so it's vegetarian. I saved my bean, onion and pepper mixture in the fridge and made several small pizzas throughout the week for lunch. 


Normally, I'd only eat half of this, but being preggers makes me hungrier, so I ate the whole thing. It's especially yummy with sour cream on top!

Comments

Popular Posts