My Etsy Shop - Instagram

Beware of Car-Singing

This morning I was driving home after dropping the Chinese kids off at school. I called Zane, but he didn't answer, so I was just driving with my phone in my hand. I started singing "I Wanna Hold Your Hand" by the Beatles.

I got really into it, doing all the guitar parts too. Then after I got bored singing, I started saying, "I want to hold your hand" in different accents.

First I did my Dracula accent.

Then I tried a New Jersey accent.

Then I did a Chinese accent, since I've been listening to a lot of Chinese-accented English lately.

I pulled up to a stop light, and some lady honked at me because she wanted to make a left turn and I was blocking her, although I wasn't breaking any laws. I stopped my accents, looked around at her and shrugged.

Then I heard my dad saying, "Deb! Deb!"

I looked down in my hand, and my phone read "DAD" on the screen. I lifted it to my ear, "Hello?"

Dad: "Was that intentional or did you pocket dial me?"
Me: "Uhhhhh...I pocket dialed you." My face turned beet red, and I got really hot and started laughing. "I'm so embarrassed!!!"
Dad: "Don't be! It made my morning!"

Then we chatted and hung up, but I couldn't stop laughing. It's one thing to be silly on purpose, but it's a totally different thing to be caught being silly when you thought you were completely alone!

Don't let this happen to you! Be careful when holding your phone after you finish a phone call, and the screen is set to favorite contacts, and your thumb can accidentally hit another phone number. I think that's what happened to me, because iPhones don't pocket-dial on their own.

Also, I need to work on my New Jersey accent. I think I was the most embarrassed that he heard me do it so poorly. I'm so vain.


Comments

Popular Posts