My Etsy Shop - Instagram

Mom of Two: Eleven Months In


We made it another month! This month started off a little rough for me. August is my least favorite month and somehow always depressing for me. Then as soon as September hit we were busy as bees! Now we're getting into Fall, and I'm starting to reminisce about the days just prior to Amy's birth. 


My big "mom milestone" was leaving both the girls for four nights in a row! Zane and I took a cruise out of Port Canaveral to celebrate his graduation and get away after an intense 15 months of school. We had a wonderful, relaxing time, and the girls did amazingly with grammy. When we returned, they acted as if we had only been away a few hours. 


My biggest concern about leaving them for four days straight was Amy and breastfeeding. I never left Daisy that long while still nursing. Two days before we left, Amy dropped herself down to two feedings. I was happy to oblige, since I'd only have to pump twice a day. I thought she might not be interested in breastfeeding again after so many days away from me, but she nursed like a champ right on schedule the evening that we picked her up. Leaving the girls exceeded my expectations!


Amy's milestones this month include wearing shoes (which she loves!), learning to sign "more," two more teeth (giving her a total of eight), and knowing the members of the family by name. She put on a fireman hat, and I told her to go show Daddy, so she turned around and walked into the other room where Zane was. She and Daisy continue to amaze us with how much they know.  


They're also starting to play together really well. Amy basically just wants to do whatever Daisy is doing. They will make noises back and forth to each other the car. Amy's also content to watch Daisy play. I think my dream of them being best friends is already coming true.

Comments

Popular Posts