My Etsy Shop - Instagram

Halfway Through January Thoughts

Hello! Happy New Year. We're more than halfway through January, and I just realized my last post was before Christmas. That's no good. There's much to say, so here's the breakdown:


Family


We had a great Christmas. I hosted Christmas morning breakfast and made an egg casserole with cauliflower instead of hash browns (it was good, but didn't taste like hash browns). Daisy loved her kitchen, even though she doesn't know what it is. I can still hear her tiny voice saying, "Thank you, mommy!"


We spent the weekend after Christmas in St. Augustine with Zane's family and had a great few days of rest, relaxation and quality time.



Daisy discovered the joy of riding on Daddy's and Uncle Stevie's shoulders.


Entertainment


We saw Frozen on New Year's Day. Have you seen it yet? It's sooooooo good! I don't normally like kid movies, but I loved this one. It's a cutsy Disney princess movie with deep threads running through the story line. Fear, love, redeeming relationships - it was good. Plus, the music was incredible. Indina Menzel for the win.



I read The Book Thief in a matter of days. It's the story of a German girl in WWII in Germany. I normally avoid Holocaust stuff, because it's depressing, but I let myself experience it, and I don't regret it. It's a fresh new [to me] perspective on a hard reality of history. It gave a glimpse into what everyday Germans experienced during the Hilter years. I totally recommend it.

Two words: Battlestar Galactica. We finally started it and are currently obsessed. Don't tell me what happens. Just know that if you haven't tried it yet - it's good. That Portlandia Battlestar skit is hauntingly true. It's on Netflix, if you dare.

Products


I have super thick hair and a history of trouble with shampoo. I tried no shampoo (because that's supposed to be good...?). I've tried Paul Mitchell. I've tried about every brand you can get at Target. The waxy/oily residue could hide in my long hair, but with my new short haircut, it's way too noticeable. My hair stylist recommended Redken, but I ignored her because I thought she was just trying to sell me stuff.


Then one day I washed my hair really well, blow dried it, and it was still oily!! Furious, I went out to Ulta, bought her recommended shampoo, used it, and WOW! I'm a believer. It took all the waxy build up out and left my hair light, feathery and, well, clean! It's worth the money for me.


Hope you enjoyed this little update into my dream life. Happy half-way through January!!

Comments

Popular Posts