My Etsy Shop - Instagram

Cross Stitch Fun!

 On black Friday I picked up some of these from Michael's.


I've never cross-stitched before but was in awe at the beauty of the patterns in the cross stitch aisle. My wise mother-in-law advised that I start with something small if I want to try it. Bingo! They had these little ornament kits for a dollar! 

They come with everything you need, including a needle.  I finished my first one in two evenings.

And my second one didn't take long either.

I plan on giving these two to my sisters, and I'm making a coordinating one for myself (the unfinished one pictured above). I inadvertantly saved the most difficult one for last. There is no symmetry in the holly! I'm not intimidated, though. I accept the challenge. I spit on assymmetrical designs! That's the best you got?! Ha!

I also recommend these to any other beginner cross-stitchers. They're a great way to learn and feel accomplished in a short amount of time. Just my style.

P.S. I just learned that you don't use the entire floss thing given to you. You only use 2-3 threads. This would have been helpful to know before I started. Oh well. Thick stitches.

Comments

Unknown said…
Would you be impressed to know that I actually took cross stitching as a class in middle school? haha. I know... so cool!

But this blog actually inspires me. Maybe I'll do the same thing. christmas always puts me in a crafty mood. Not crafty as in.. sneaky, but crafty as in stitching. Unless I'm trying to keep it a secret. Then I'll be in a crafty crafty mood.
Lilly said…
haha I totally used the entire thread the first two or three times I cross-stitched, too
Audrey said…
I love these... you did a great job! I want to make some too!
Liz Witmer said…
aw, i just started cross-stitch, too! its so fun and they make awesome gifts!

Popular Posts