My Etsy Shop - Instagram

A New Decade

It's been too long since my last post. Sorry for the absence. December was a crazy month! Sometimes crazy months are easier to get through, because I don't have time to worry about whether or not I'm wasting time.

Today isn't just the end of a year, it is the end of a decade. 2000-2009 was when I became an adult, and some of my biggest life changes occurred in the past 10 years. New Year's 2000, I was 13 years old in eighth grade at a sleepover, which included Mario Kart and Mario Party on the Nintendo 64.

Since that night I have experienced many different rites of passage:
  • Milestone birthdays - sweet sixteen, rated-R seventeen, legal eighteen, out-of-teens twenty, legal-drinking twenty-one
  • Learning how to drive
  • Multiple firsts: date, kiss, dance, car, real job, drink, traffic ticket, credit card, trip overseas, time flying alone, shooting a gun
  • Graduation from high school and college
  • Went from living with parents, to roommates, to husband

And probably a million more things. The last decade was full of change, adventure, growth and some regrets.

2010 feels fresh and clean, full of possibility. I'm excited to experience life this year. I don't usually do this, but I this year my motto is: bloom where you're planted. Change won't necessarily make me happy, so I'm not going to try to move, but I did move my furniture around. That change does make me happy :)

Happy New Year!







Comments

Kathy said…
Your posts are always so refreshing! Keep 'em coming!!

Popular Posts